Company Acceptance and Commitment Fee
Company Acceptance and Commitment Fee
Each Company Member must provide a signed contract stating that they understand the expectations and requirements of being part of Mt. Zion’s Dance Company. The contract, signed by both the student and the parent, is to be turned in to the studio along with their $125 ‘refundable’ commitment fee no later than August 3, 2018. The $125 commitment fee will be refunded if all company attendance requirements are met as detailed below.
Commitment Fee Attendance Guidelines
- Summer Classes – summer classes are mandatory and exact dates will be announced during the Fall of the prior season for each subsequent season. Click Here for the Summer Schedule.
- September Choreography Workshops – Choreography workshops held the first two weeks of September are mandatory (immediately following the Labor Day holiday). The exact schedule will be provided in late August (some routines may rehearse on Saturday).
- September thru May
- All absences MUST be excused.
- An excused absence is an absence provided in advance either in writing or phoned in at the desk.
- If a student is running late, ill, or is going to be missing class the front desk MUST be contacted.
- Please do not take excused absences for granted. If a student does not need to miss, DON’T!
- No unexcused absences will be allowed. If a student or parent does not make the front desk aware of a ‘same day’ absence or any absence, the company member will be evaluated and the company commitment fee will not be refunded the following June.
- Company Routines (regularly scheduled classes and extra rehearsals).
- 5 excused absences will be allowed from each routine.
- 3 tardies equals an absence.
- Technique Classes (i.e., non-company, required classes).
- 6 excused absences will be allowed from each required technique class.
- 4 tardies equals an absence.
- Performance Participation Requirements
- Students must meet all performance requirements.
- Dress rehearsal participation is mandatory to perform in an upcoming event. If a Company Member does not attend a dress rehearsal, they will not be able to perform in the subsequent event.
- Students must be in class the week prior to a scheduled competition/performance in order to perform in the subsequent event.
Understudies are an integral part of Mt. Zion’s Dance Company. If a student is listed as an understudy they are still considered a company member for Mt. Zion but will only be performing in their company dance at the current season’s recital. The student will be watched closely not only in their company class but also in their technique classes and evaluated monthly to see their progression. If the teacher sees the growth needed to participate with their team at competition, they will then get bumped into the dance. Also, if at any time there is a student absent in class or has an injury, the understudy will fill the place of the student who is missing. We take this position as an understudy seriously and look forward to helping each child achieve their goals!
Company Member Expectations
Company Member Expecations
Mt. Zion’s Dance Company is designed to not only provide training in dance but also instill excellence in character. As such, company members are expected to conform to the following norms:
- Treat others with respect starting with other company members and teachers.
- No drinking of alcohol and no smoking of any kind.
- No swearing in class, in or around the studio, or at any of the venues.
- Nooooooo gossiping or attitude problems.
- The studio will be checking Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media for any inappropriate language or content.
- Teamwork, hard work, and good character are fundamental expectations in order to be part of the company.
In Class Expectations
- Be on time for class.
- No gum chewing at any time.
- No food (outside of a snack or water) is allowed in the classroom.
- No talking in class.
- No talking back or arguing with the instructor.
- Treat the classroom as if you were on stage.